|We are PASSIONATE
We gather for soul stirring, thought-provoking worship
- We delight our children and youth with creative learning and worship activities
- We see spiritual life as an exciting, courageous, open-ended adventure
We are PROGRESSIVE
A dialogue about ethical questions is ongoing in our congregation and wider communities ...
as people with many points of view, we listen to one another with respect and join in learning new ways to express
our faith, hope, and love for the world. Together we ...
- Work to protect our city's children from poverty, violence, and lead-poisoning
- Help bring well water to remote African villages through Water for Sudan
- Celebrate human diversity in race, ethnicity, ability, age, sexual orientation, and gender identity; partnering in ministry with That All May Freely Serve
- Practice our faith in ways that honor peace, equality, and well being for the earth and all its peoples
We are PERSONAL
As spiritual seekers, we want to be a community where people are free to become their truest selves.
We welcome the presence, voices, questions, stories, and wisdom of everyone.
January 18 Sunday Service
Our service at 11am this Sunday, January 18, will celebrate the ministry
of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The Chancel Choir, directed by Lee Wright, will sing "Down in the River to Pray"
and other inspired anthems.
Our theme is Dr. King's prophetic insight that "For some strange reason
I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be.... This is the way God's universe is made.
This is the way it is structured."
Everyone is invited.
Jan/Feb Sunday Forums:
Violence at Home and Abroad
January 4, 9:50 am
Crime and Violence in our Community: Are We Getting Safer?
January 11, 9:50 am
Kids and Guns
With the help of ABC’s 20/20 documentary, we will explore our children’s
fascination with guns.
January 18, 9:50 am
The Community Safety and Human
January 25, 9:50 am
Building Safer Communities: The
Pathology of Gun Violence
February 1, 9:50 am
New Threats in the Middle East: ISIS Who?
February 8, 9:50 am
Peace in the 21st Century